Saturday, December 10, 2005

Phototagging with Riya?

I was looking through some photos of my kids last night. We've been collecting them for the last three or four years. We keep every snap, every flub. With storage so cheap and getting cheaper, it makes sense to keep everything. The only problem is finding what you're looking for. Right now, we have the folders set up by date downloaded and it's hit or miss trying to find them. (Thank god my wife has a memory like a steel trap) We'd like to tag them, but at this point the pile is over 7500 photos and getting bigger.

Riya (which is in alpha, invite-only testing right now) purports to solve this problem using recognition software that will help take a lot of the labor out of tagging your photos. I hope it works (I haven't tried it myself--yet. Hey Munjal, how about it??). I'd even be willing to pay for this on a photo by photo basis.

Send an email to alpha@riya.com and ask for an invite. Better yet, send them an email and ask them to send an invite to me!

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, Blogger miss rogue said...

Hey Staff Monkey,

Drop me a personal line...I'll get you in on the next round. Sounds like you need it! ;)

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home